Position Title: Part Time Bike Mechanic
We are currently seeking a Part Time Bike Mechanic to join the Fullerton Bicycle Company Team!
This position’s primary responsibilities include building new bicycles for the sales floor, assisting the service manager with bicycles in for service and assorted mechanical tasks at our Fullerton location. Fullerton Bikes depends on its bike mechanics to assure that all bicycles are well-prepared and maintained to make the customer’s experience as pleasant as possible. The bicycle mechanic reports to the Service Manager but is expected to be proactive and be able to manage his or her own time and responsibilities.
- Assist the Service Manager with bicycles that are in for service.
- Assembly of new bicycles for the sales floor.
- Keep an updated inventory of the workshop (bicycles accessories, tools, etc).
- Keep the bench and the workshop areas clean.
- Assist with additional tasks (such as, event preparation materials, tools and accessories) and inventory management as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- Three years minimum bicycle repair experience.
- Passion for bikes.
- Excellent knowledge of bike mechanics and functionality: ability to assemble, disassemble and identify different types of components.
- Customer service oriented: flexible and personable when dealing with customers and fellow team members.
- Dependability: ability to prioritize, follow instructions, respond to management directions and maintain confidentiality.
- Display strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills along with the ability to efficiently manage his/her own time.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast paced work environment.
Fill out the form to apply for this position